Saturday, July 28, 2007

The studio...

....is open on Saturdays and Sundays for people to come in and rehearse in the various small rooms (reservation required), so Venezuelan Girl and I met both yesterday and today to work on our piece from The Proposal. Everyone works in different ways, and for me I just look to get as comfortable as I can with my lines and other onstage business so that its all second nature to me and I can just act. In a way I think I often instinctively try to do what Sam has been telling me I should for the past few weeks - let the lines and the external stuff come last - but I don't think I've always done it here. I didn't have much rehearsal time on my first scene, so the two days here feel like a luxury.

Anyway, we work well together and I'm feeling good about the scene. She's concerned with sounding credible on the more modern expressions that she doesn't know. This translation has Natasha saying things like "Well I Never," which are new to her; I'm giving her coaching on how to sound appropriate (she's actually doing fine). We're going to do the scene in class on Monday, so cross your fingers....

No comments: